Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished research and project papers that are not (and will not be) simultaneously under consideration for publication elsewhere.
General areas of interests include (but are not limited to) the following topics:
- Digital libraries, e-archives, repositories, virtual museums, e-exhibitions and encyclopedias of cultural heritage.
- Digital presentation and preservation of cultural objects under conditions of risk.
- 2D and 3D technologies, methods and means for digital restoration and construction of important items of the cultural heritage.
- Extensive multimedia repositories and portals for culture and cultural heritage.
- Digital libraries and aggregators for transfer of digitised wealth within the European and global digital environment.
- e-Infrastructures for digitised scientific heritage. Open access to digitised cultural and scientific heritage.
- Creation and aggregation of content for the European digital library - Europeana.
- Interactive environments and innovative Internet-based applications for cultural heritage.
- Use, efficiency and design of interfaces for applications in cultural heritage. Multilingualism.
- Standards, metadata, ontologies and semantic processing of knowledge about the cultural heritage. Techniques for extracting digital data and knowledge.
- Issues of the protection of intellectual property: determination, accreditation and management of rights to digital content.
- Sustainable access and long-term availability of cultural content in the digital space.
- Educational applications of digital libraries with cultural and scientific content.
- Economics of cultural tourism.